Education is highly valued in Finland. A vocational education or a university degree will make it easier for you to find a job.
If you have completed your degree abroad, you may need a degree recognition decision in order to work or study in Finland. (OPH)

Studies leading to a vocational education requires language level A2.2 or B1, depending on the line of business. If you have completed basic education or general upper secondary education in Finland, this is generally considered sufficient language skills for further studies. You can check the language proficiency requirement for universities at the institution you are applying to.

Language proficiency requirement for vocational labour market training can vary. Sometimes an interview with the teacher can be a sufficient measure of language proficiency.

If you come to Finland to study and need a residence permit based on your studies, read more on

At the Integration Port, we will help you find a suitable education, contact: